Openmoko Bug #2341: u-boot environment isn't saved

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Jun 5 20:58:12 CEST 2010

#2341: u-boot environment isn't saved
 Reporter:  aikipooh  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown   |        Version:
 Severity:  critical  |       Keywords:  nand
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by aikipooh):

 I've tried to use fw_setenv. I don't understand anything!
 It shows me the environment, it looks ok. I can set the variables there,
 alright. But they have no effect on what i see in u-boot prompt. After
 reboot, when i issue fw_printenv under linux, i see changed values again.
 Looks like we live in different manvantaras.
 Are the settings for GTA02v6 proper?
          /dev/mtd2               0x00000          0x40000         0x20000