Openmoko Bug #2341: u-boot environment isn't saved

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Jun 5 22:17:10 CEST 2010

#2341: u-boot environment isn't saved
 Reporter:  aikipooh  |          Owner:  openmoko-devel
     Type:  defect    |         Status:  new
Component:  unknown   |        Version:
 Severity:  critical  |       Keywords:  nand
 Haspatch:  0         |      Blockedby:
Estimated:            |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:            |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by aikipooh):

 Replying to [comment:2 gena2x]:
 > also you can try to prepare environment on your host and flash it
 directly via dfu-util. to do this use tools from here:
 > you need
 > only difficult thing - adjust your environment size for gta02 or it will
 not work. i think it should be 2564 but unsure.
 I've tried with, and there they are, my settings. But i don't
 see them in /proc/cmdline. That must be because of my misunderstanding of
 the boot process, they're fetched from wrong place...