r4807 - trunk/src/target/opkg
tick at docs.openmoko.org
tick at docs.openmoko.org
Thu Nov 20 11:04:23 CET 2008
Date: 2008-11-20 11:04:22 +0100 (Thu, 20 Nov 2008)
New Revision: 4807
Clean up some out of date TODOs
Keep some still valid, or what I am not sure about.
--- trunk/src/target/opkg/TODO 2008-11-20 02:10:28 UTC (rev 4806)
+++ trunk/src/target/opkg/TODO 2008-11-20 10:04:22 UTC (rev 4807)
@@ -1,108 +1,52 @@
Things to do for opkg, in a partial order:
-0) Play with configure to check for strdup/strndup ( to works with replace/replace.h stuffs )
+1) Bug fixes
-1) Fix incompatibilities between current C-based opkg and original
+1.a) fix all code marked "XXX: BUG"
-1.a) Fix opkg.conf options for http_proxy and friends. DONE:
- http_proxy tested, (ftp_proxy, no_proxy, proxy_user, and
- proxy_passwd have not been tested).
+1.b) fix all outstanding opkg bugzilla bugs
-1.b) Fix export of PKG_ROOT during pkg_run_script. DONE: tested.
-1.c) Fix so that a src with file:// is supported. DONE: tested.
-1.d) Fix paths in list files. DONE: tested.
-1.e) Fix offline_root mode. DONE: tested.
-2) Release opkg as opkg, (no longer as opkg-unstable). This depends on
- all of (1) being DONE. Although I might let this release proceed
- without offline_root --- only Jamey will complain. ;-)
-3) Bug fixes
-3.a) fix all code marked "XXX: BUG"
-3.b) fix all outstanding opkg bugzilla bugs
-3.c) conffiles support seems broken again. It's prompting on just
- about every file. It might be because of file names beginning
- with "///".
- FIXED the "///" problem, (seemed harmless though), in 0.99.2
- FIXED a problem with conffiles with -force-reinstall in 0.99.2.
- This seems to be mostly working now, (I have seen strange
- prompting on one out of the three ssh conffiles, maybe the
- postinst script changed it? Hmmm... and something is going on
- with pcmcia-cs too. Mysterious.)
-3.d) Test versioned Depends
-3.e) Test Provides. DONE.
-3.f) Make sure Suggests, Recommends, (Enhances?), all work, (I know
+1.c) Make sure Suggests, Recommends, (Enhances?), all work, (I know
some of these are not yet implemented)
-3.g) Audit all dpkg package fields for both parsing and printing support.
+1.d) Audit all dpkg package fields for both parsing and printing support.
-3.h) "opkg status" and "opkg info" need to complain about unknown
+1.e) "opkg status" and "opkg info" need to complain about unknown
packages. For that matter, these two commands should probably just
become aliases to the same functionality.
- Jamey thinks opkg status should be brief give one line per package, while
- opkg info can continue to be verbose. 7/23/2002.
-3.i) Currently "opkg install foo" will upgrade foo if possible. The
- "Package foo is already installed" check needs to be moved up to
- avoid this.
+2) Implement new features
- Jamey thinkgs that "opkg install foo" should upgrade foo. 7/23/2002.
+2.a) start with all "XXX: FEATURE" comments
-4) Implement new features
-4.a) start with all "XXX: FEATURE" comments
-4.b) implement all accepted opkg bugzilla feature requests, (also
+2.b) implement all accepted opkg bugzilla feature requests, (also
check old post "Subject: Reinventing opkg" to see if we forgot
any of the good ideas we had once upon a time)
-4.c) opkg remove needs to (prompt first) then remove packages for
- which the dependencies will no longer be met. DONE. 7/19/2002.
-4.d) Add support for:
+2.c) Add support for:
opkg install foo from some-feed
opkg install foo-0.4.3
opkg install foo-latest # Only needed if we add a feed-order-priority option
or something like that.
-4.e) Orphaned dependency management (what is this -Jamey 7/23/2002)
-4.f) Add code for HTTP GET to eliminate wget dependence, (see
- apps/urlget for code). We should probably still keep the wget
- call as a backup.
- -- use busybox's internal wget -jamey 7/23/2002
-4.g) Experiment with making a small statically linked binary. Can we
+2.d) Experiment with making a small statically linked binary. Can we
eliminate some library calls, (glob, regcomp)? Can we get
something like uclibc to work well?
-4.h) Add support for a deb-src in /etc/opkg.conf. (ARGH! Name clash
+2.e) Add support for a deb-src in /etc/opkg.conf. (ARGH! Name clash
alert! In apt-land, deb-src means something very different than
what I would mean here. Hrm... Maybe src-deb would be cleaner? )
(What is this? Jamey 7/23/2002)
-4.i) Figure out a clever chroot mechanism for running maintainer scripts in
+2.f) Figure out a clever chroot mechanism for running maintainer scripts in
-4.j) Implement opkg history mechanism, with undo and redo? Keep track of
+2.g) Implement opkg history mechanism, with undo and redo? Keep track of
packages removed/installed by each call to opkg.
-5) release opkg-1.0.0
-6) Cleanup the code
+3) Cleanup the code
-6.a) Start with all comments marked "XXX: CLEANUP"
+3.a) Start with all comments marked "XXX: CLEANUP"
More information about the commitlog