Is it portable? [scanned]

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Tue Dec 5 13:44:42 CET 2006

Hello.

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 13:32, Robert Michel wrote:

> So IMHO it isn't realistic that openmoko will run on a XDA and will
> used it with GSM functions (no driver, no GSM).

There are already people hacking on this phones. Not complete useable
yet, but a lot work is already done. There is also at least one guy
who plans to use openmoko on XDA.

> I even don't expect that it will run on Motorolas Linux phones in near
> future

Let you surprise. :)

Together with some other dev I work hard to get it ready for openmoko.
We make progress. Not as fast as we like, but we make progress.

And don't forget that once the Neo is shipped and most of the work at
openmoko is done, Harald and Mickey will come back to us and join the
efforts again. :)

regards
Stefan Schmidt