(text/number/info/notes) input with power of multi-touch :)))) Re: multicolour multi-touch screen Re: OpenMoko/Neo1973 is pure (r)evolution :))) - do you recognized the power of "multi-touch gesture recognition"

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Tue Dec 5 15:07:49 CET 2006

On 12/5/06 10:04 PM, "Robert Michel" <openmoko at robertmichel.de> wrote:

> So please go ahead with your concept :)
> Single finger import is important, too ;))
>
> But I wanted to remind that beside single touch concept,
> real *new* concepts (without patent protections) could be
> possible - and this concpets could suport real fast
> key import that you don't have the need for a external
> querty keyboard  :))))

I've been meaning to comment on this for almost a week now, but I've just
been too consumed in other things. I'm in Japan now so I have a bit more
time (less meetings each day ;-).

I'm not sure where the multi-touch documents came from that were posted on
the internet. They were concept drawings I did a while back. (For the
record, long before Apple's interface patents.)

The vendor of the touch panel we are using said it might be possible. But it
would be a considerable driver effort. We are not going to have this done
for our initial Neo1973 release. I was never even on our roadmap for this
device.

I'll try to see if I can dig up more information about this for Robert when
I return to Taiwan. I know it's something that got you very excited.

Once again, sorry for the needless confusion this has caused.

-Sean