Is it portable? [scanned]

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Tue Dec 5 20:43:06 CET 2006

On Tuesday 05 December 2006 20:28, Richard Franks wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:37 +0100, Robert Michel wrote:
> > Explain me - what would be the long term benefit to run OpenMoko on a
> > THC device in the next month?
>
> I'm not a corporate marketing-ologist, but surely the more hardware
> platforms OpenMoko runs on, the more credibility it will receive.

I agree. For us users/developpers it will mostly be beneficial if we have a
wider ecosystem of devices to use. Once the platform works on another device,
some owners of that might be inclined to also help out OpenMoko benefitting
everyone including FIC! The more people use OpenMoko the bigger the market
for new devices and most people will prefer one that is supported by the
manufacturer instead of a 500$ HTC phone with voided warranty anyhow.

Now of course if FIC delivers the device I want, I'll be more than happy to
buy it from them! I'd even pay some premium over another device with the same
feature and running OpenMoko considering that FIC makes it possible that we
have OpenMoko...