FPGA? [scanned]

Markus Stehr bastetfurry at ircnet.de
Wed Dec 6 12:47:08 CET 2006

Hi!

Robert Michel:
>Ahmm but doesn't a FPGA bare the risk that beside open source
>important parts of the device stay close source?

Nope, how should?
The FPGA is, normaly, programmed trough VHDL and VHDL is plain text.

Besides that, a big enough FPGA could even implement the CPU, the
display controler and possibly the radio unit *g*

But if board one is in pre-production state, then leave that as a note
for board two.

BTW: I had the idea because i looked at my Commodore-One and though "Why
isnt that technology more widely used?"
Ok, the C-One uses a 'bit' dated FPGAs but thats not the problem as the
C-One is made to simulate old computers.

Greetings,
Markus Stehr