FPGA? [scanned]

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Wed Dec 6 17:16:36 CET 2006

Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Mittwoch, den 06. Dezember 2006 um 14:16h:

> On Wednesday 06 December 2006 11:44, Ole Tange wrote:
> > If (and that is a big if) the FPGA can work as a software radio on the
> > protocols mentioned, then FIC will not have to put in GSM, WiFi,
> > Bluetooth, and GPS. These will all be covered by the software radio.
> That's gonna eat a LOT of battery . Software radio needs quite some CPU
> power...

You are talking about "software defined radio"? like:
I see that this kits eat a LOT of $$$ ;)

Isn't there a way to use a multi-frequency tranceiver and the FPGA
to controll/emulate the protocoll specific part (Bluetooth, Wi-fi,

Ah it would be a dream to port http://sourceforge.net/projects/drm/
into a FPGA (no fear, I'm talking about the good DRM *g

But Ole's link to http://www.hitechglobal.com/ipcores/leon3.htm
is great - there is a link to RLIB IP library -
is this "GRETH 10/100 Ethernet MAC" under GPL, too?

So one FPGA inside the Neo1973 and the conector could be usb or Ethernet :))))