idea: security badge consolidation?

Ole Tange ole at
Mon Dec 4 13:28:51 CET 2006

On 12/1/06, justin hugh daly <justinhughdaly at> wrote:
> i work with multiple clients and vendors, and have amassed a good
> number of security badges.
> i was curious about the feasibility of being able to program the
> transmitter to send out  the appropriate badge id based on location?

A requrement for this would be some communication with RFID. Do we
have enough crontrol over the radio, that we could communicate with

According to Wikipedia the interesting frequencies are:
Low-frequency (LF: 125 - 134.2 kHz and 140 - 148.5 kHz)
high-frequency (HF: 13.56 MHz)
Ultra-high-frequency (UHF: 868 MHz-928 MHz)