GPLv3 and Mobile Phones

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Sat Dec 9 14:00:05 CET 2006

On Saturday 09 December 2006 13:42, Oleg Gusev wrote:
> Am Samstag, 9. Dezember 2006 13:24 schrieb Gabriel Ambuehl:
> > Supposedly even that is too proprietary (I think we were over this at
> > some point)...
>
> I guess you are booting your computer from linuxbios ? :)

Personally I could care less if there was a binary only module there. I'm
pragmatic, not religious. Saying we don't add that for such a reason doesn't
help freedom of choice either.

Personally I say add the hardware, even if it needs a binary driver (or even
just firmware). The religious group is then free to remove the driver and not
use WiFi ;)