GSM security question, mic directly connected to the GSM chip? Re: GPLv3 and Mobile Phones

Atlasz atlasznak at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 12 18:09:12 CET 2006

Dear Robert,

if you take apart a phone (any phone), you can always work-around thi
problem by making a short electrical de-tour between a mic and the board
-> a little switch between mic and board will do it fine and you need
only some nice small switch what you can hide somewhere on the side of
the phone from inside with easy access. (like original side-buttons on
some phones) You only need some experience e.g. in building little
plastic models:-) If you are really paranoic, dont't forget to do the
same with the speaker also!
Than it doesn't matter it anyone "bugs" into your phone. They hear
nothing until you press the switch. They would hear everything anyway
when you make a call...
This phone will have a unique security options even without that small
switch. It appears to be the most expensive piece of HW on every phone.
(every company is removing the small switches from the side of their
phones:-( )

Attila