FCC status for FIC Neo1973?

Jeremy zanexiv at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 00:21:32 CET 2006

I'm no expert at all, but I do know that when we were designing a device with a Kyocera m200 CDMA data module (http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/m2m-business/index.htm), the module itself was carrier (Sprint in our case) approved and FCC approved, but once we incorporated it into our device, we then had to get it re-approved by the carrier and the FCC (though it is typically an easier process when using an approved module already).  I think the deciding factor may be whether the module is "stand-alone" or not... But I say that with the disclaimer that I could be completely wrong. :)

~Jeremy