Something like a Wiki

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Thu Dec 14 14:45:05 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Alessandro Iurlano <alessandro.iurlano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/3/06, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean_mosko at fic.com.tw> wrote:
> >
> > We talked it over internally for quite some time now, and finally decided
> > that we want to wait until we have hardware to sell to launch our Wiki. We
> > just don't have the time to design and monitor another site now.
>
> I was just thinking about the lack of a wiki at the actual moment and the
> waste of thoughts and energy that will go lost because nobody will probably look
> at all the archived mails in the list again.

I agree totally. I see why Sean might feel that he would have to
monitor a wiki (to avoid PR disasters and maybe liability issues -
which would cost some time), however, I feel we as a community need a
place to store our ideas and thoughts in a more structured way than a
mailing list: It will help new people to get an overview of what has
already been discussed.

I am sure Sean would not mind if someone else set up a wiki that we
could populate, as long as it is clear that the wiki is a community
wiki and not a FIC wiki. Especially not if it is understood that the
content will move to FIC's wiki when Sean has the time again.

/Ole