Idea: If someone called alert me when I get back

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Fri Dec 15 15:00:58 CET 2006

Assume the phone is left unattended. Someone calls and the phone
rings, but no one picks it up. Later I return and I do not see the
missed call. It should alert when it becomes aware that someone is
nearby.

It should use its sensors to determine if someone is nearby: A change
in the background noise level can be detected using the microphone. A
change in location (i.e. being moved) can be detected by GPS. By
measuring distances to the object infront of it, it can tell if
somehing is moving in front of it. In the future a camera can dected
changes in lighting.

The alarm should be profile dependant, so the alarm is different if in
meeting profile and in normal profile.

/Ole