Using FM Radios without cables as PA for the Neo1973 - Question, in which countries is it legal to use 50 nW (nano Watt) FM87.5-108.0 Mhz transceiver?

Ole Tange openmoko.org at tange.dk
Tue Dec 19 10:11:13 CET 2006

On 12/17/06, Graham Auld <openmoko at graham.auld.me.uk> wrote:
> Ofcom in the UK are due to legalise them this month, it seems they've
> decided on a standard which will allow these transmitters to be used in
> future throught the EU AFAIK,
> http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2006/11/nr_20061123b

I can confirm this: I asked The Danish Frequency Authority (itst.dk)
and they sent out a press release on the 4th of Dec that it was legal
in DK. They write in the press release that the rules are based on an
international decision (though they do not cite what decision
precisely). It might be the European Radio Communications Committee.

/Ole