Internal flash size

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Dec 20 17:00:15 CET 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 16:27, Paul Bohme wrote:
> Remember that this is still a phone..  Your general 'user' to whom this
> needs to appeal will probably be hard pressed to fill the flash
> provided.  Every penny counts in parts on devices like this, and that
> much of an increase with little end-user gain isn't nearly as easy as it
> sounds.

The general user to whom a device like OpenMoko could be useful currently
likely isn't your average cell phone user. Mind you, the Neo can serve as
media player, for which 1GB of space would hardly seem out of place. And
neither would it hurt to have more storage for maps...

> Last night I got an ad in the mail from a cell company that claims the
> Motorola RAZR phone retails for US$199.

I dont think the RAZR is Neo's competition at all (I think the RAZR is a truly
bad phone anyway, but that's for another discussion entirely). I think the
Motorola MING and a bunch of HTC devices are much closer to what the Neo
initially competes with, maybe even Nokia E Series or Blackberries. All of
which retail for as much and more as the Neo will likely cost...

Or to put your argument up side down: if you make me pay 350$, I don't really
care for 10$ more, but you better give me storage ;)