Idea: Vibrator as keyboard click

Paul Bohme openmoko at
Sat Dec 30 23:02:50 CET 2006

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> That's a nice idea. I wonder a) whether the softest movement we can do
> with the vibrator that would still not be interfering with operating
> the device and b) how much power such an option would suck.

Was wondering this (b) myself, but doesn't seem like it would take much
more than an incoming call that runs the vibrator for large chunks of a
second several times..  A worthy tradeoff, especially considering the
lack of feedback otherwise on the touch screen.

If nobody else beats me to it, I'll hop on it as soon as I get my
grubbies on a Neo. ;-)