Regarding hardware specs...

Dean Collins Dean at
Wed Dec 27 14:03:13 CET 2006

I have to jump in to comment that I love the scroll wheel on my new
Cingular 8525 (aka HTC Hermes aka HTC TyTyn).

Having never owned a blackberry I never understood the attraction of a
scroll wheel with push select capability.

I do now.

2 thumbs up.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Nikita V.
Sent: Wednesday, 27 December 2006 6:55 AM
To: community at
Subject: Re: Regarding hardware specs...

Having everything is good but impossible. But still I'd like to add one
wishlist item.

I'm interested in using pda-like gadgets with only one hand, and without
having to touch the screen. This is optimal e.g. when reading while in

Unfortunately this is going to be hard when there are only 2 buttons.
At least 3 are needed (2 for scrolling up/down, and one for
generic 'action'). Or a wheel + >=1 buttons.

Any chance to have a scrool wheel and/or more buttons (e.g. a
control that actually is equal to 4 or 5 buttons)?

OpenMoko community mailing list
community at