My few cents*...

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at
Tue Nov 14 10:33:05 CET 2006

On 11/14/06, Vruyr F. Gyolchanyan <urix at> wrote:
> Hi.
> I agree with your position that bt and Wi-Fi is necessary for  that kind
> of device. But even though, I'm ready to buy one to start developing, and
> waiting for next devices with wireless interfaces.
> WBR,
> Vruyr F. Gyolchanyan.
> On 11/14/06, Corey < corey at> wrote:
> >
> > On Monday 13 November 2006 11:04, Chad wrote:
> > > I think Bluetooth would/will be a very important feature
> > <snip>
> >
> > Is there actually the possibility that the Neo1973 might ship in
> > January _without_ bluetooth?  That would be _extremely_ unfortunate.
> >
> > Lacking both bluetooth _and_ wifi, would basically make bricks out of
> > these things. I would have to develop on the GreenPhone, if that were
> > the case.

Hello to all the community!

I agree that both WiFi and Bluetooth are important features that will help
in building the community
behind the phone. If we look at the example of the linux kernel we can see
that people have hacked
most of the devices and protocols just to get connected to every possible

I think I could not afford buy a smartphone version 1.0 without connectivity
and version 1.1 with
connectivity after just a few months. Maybe a good idea could be to provide
an hardware upgrade
for the owners of version 1.0 for a smaller price pherhaps returning
the 1.0phone in exchange for the
This could be a good line for me.

Anyway keep working on this fantastic project!