Congratulations to you and FIC

Sean Moss-Pultz sean_mosko at fic.com.tw
Tue Nov 14 11:02:44 CET 2006

On 11/14/06 5:57 AM, "John" <johnhedge at gmail.com> wrote:

> No wifi! Please put wifi in it. It doesn't add to bulk and adds
> another dimension to your product for very little cost)

John,

Thanks a lot for your comments. As to WiFi we couldn't find a vendor that
would let us open the driver. And our goal was to keep this kernel free from
binary code at (just about) all costs. We really want to put a device into
your hands that has low level access to the hardware, while still being
based on the principles of Free Software. I know this is quite a balancing
act.

WiFi is also very important to me. I'm pressing all the vendors I can find
(here in Taiwan -- which is just about everyone, BTY) to support this effort
to make a truly open phone. I cannot promise this will happen. Only that I
won't stop trying until it does ;-)

-Sean