A nice idea for the gps

Stefan Schmidt stefan at datenfreihafen.org
Fri Nov 17 12:23:40 CET 2006

Hello.

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 08:59, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> On Thursday 16 November 2006 23:48, Richard Franks wrote:
>
> > Going a little off-topic - say Bob writes a GPS application which does
> > something similar to that idea, where would it be downloaded from? His
> > own server? OpenMoko.org/com?
>
> I think there needs to be a process by which software can get into the
> repository. There's certainly some security implications that need to be
> taken care of...

Mickey told that there will be three different kinds of feeds for
software download:

1. The officially feed with the base system and the software developed
by the phone vendor / OpenMoko team.

2. The contributions feed with software developed by other software
developer but tested by the OpenMoko team.

3. The rest. As it should be easy to setup your own feed, it _is_
really easy with openembedded. Use software from this feeds is of
course a bigger security risc.

As ever, if I get something wrong, correct me.

regards
Stefan Schmidt