Using UART/SPI... for swithing 2-8 SIM-cards Re: [Neo1973] Hardware access: additional solder points ; )

Alessandro Iurlano alessandro.iurlano at
Tue Nov 21 12:01:29 CET 2006

> This is a dream of mine for quite some time, too. I'm always traveling
> between the States, Taiwan. Two SIM cards are a pain to carry around
> without
> loosing one.
> All I can say is that is a colossal R&D effort. We did a market survey a
> while back and just didn't feel confident enough about the number of users
> to justify the project.

If you are talking about users interested in dual SIMs phone I think there
will be plenty of.
Lots of friends of mine have two SIMs because of different operator's
offers, and lots of coworkers have work and personal numbers.

Just my 2c