A marketing angle

Ben F-W openmoko at flemingwilliams.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 18:21:11 CET 2006

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
> Please understand that market questions are not something I can freely talk
> about at this point. We're just beginning a really long term plan. I
> wouldn't want to show our cards, too early ;-)

That's no problem, Sean: I quite understand. Equally, I hope you don't
mind my speculating in the meantime?
> I will say that OpenMoko is extremely strategic to our company. We are, and
> plan to continue, investing generously in this effort.
>
> Please don't think for a second this is a one time, wild gun-slinging event,
> from FIC.

That's good to hear - and I'm delighted to know that FIC considers it so
important to them. However, it is a new approach in an established
market, and therefore automatically entails a certain amount of risk.
FIC would not be acting rationally if it invested further in a product
that had failed to recoup costs, unless it showed a strong likelihood of
doing so in the future. My interest here is to look at what the
community can do to ensure this new approach makes its mark!

Ben