Adding an overview page to openmoko.{com,org}

Corey corey at bitworthy.net
Tue Nov 21 19:30:39 CET 2006

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 11:19, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> But I agree, with neither BT nor WiFI I will pass.

We would have to pass too, as the software we're  developing
_requires_ at least bluetooth; wifi is our real target though.

We were disappointed seeing that the first release lacked wifi, but were
hopeful that at least we'd be able to muster along with an alternative
strategy using bluetooth. But then I join the list and hear that it's even
questionable that bluetooth will be available - that's a serious kill-joy.

This first release of the phone has the potential to be _legendary_, but
without wifi and missing bluetooth, every single review will be chronicly
plagued with "nice phone, great ideas, great concept -- but the thing
totaly lacks any useful connectivity options". How many people are going
to hear: "Open phone, runs whatever I can dream up of developing or
installing! I want it now. Wait, it has no wifi? No bluetooth? Well what the
heck am I supposed to _do_ with it?". A huge segment of this phone's
potential market is going to immediately loose interest in dissapointment.