imagine: [a lot of things]

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Nov 22 16:47:43 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 16:05, Robert Michel wrote:
> This could build a private, non-comercial financial network of trust,
> which maybe could also used for mini-credits or even bigger ones.
>
> The private banking and sharing "tasks" should IMHO
> independent of one big server, one company, and it should be encryped.

I was told a while ago that there are technically doable solutions (actually,
it HAS been done) for secure, anonymous electronic currencies that don't need
clearing/settlement through a central party (with central party it is
downright trivial). However it does need some sort of central bank that does
issue the money (in theory there can be many issuers but you'd need a way to
assign trust to their money individually then) so you can verify a token's
validity.

The technical issues are actually easier than legal issues involved in most
countries.