Which emulators will be running fine on the Neo1973?

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Nov 23 12:56:10 CET 2006

Salve!

Starting just a new thread with the aim to collect experiances,
ideas, informations and links about using emulators with
the Neo.

Because of the 640x480 screen it will become handy
to emulate other hardware like PalmPilot, HP48 and
display just the hardwarebuttons of this devices.
So a virtual HP48 could be used like an original one ;)

(I one one, but it does not fit so well into my pocket
so I do not carry it with me every time...
I think it would be ok (legal) to copy the firmware to
the emulator, when I own such a device and use only
one of them at the same time)

Other emulators that you think would run fine
and maybe worth a modification to use the virtual
hardwarebuttons with the touchscreen?

But what will be with Dos/Windows applications?
And what will be with Close Source, compiled for
x86-Linux?

Does somebody knows more about this topic?
Good links or personal experiances with Linux PDAs
and emulators?

Greetings,
rob