RGB pixel direction question Re: Drawing raw pixels to screen..

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Thu Nov 23 19:21:06 CET 2006

Salve Richard!

You gave a good key word

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Richard Franks wrote:

> One thing the 480x640 (standard usage orientation)

What is the standard direction of the GRB pixel?
Try to use syntax highlighting on black screen
(e.g. vim) and rotate your LCD.
On pixel is made by tree parallel stripes

RGB
erl
deu

A line in a red key will be

Rotate it with 90° it makes look like

R	R	R
e	e	e
d 	d	d

that will be ugly. So for designing would be interesting
what will be the original orientation of the thre coulors
of one pixel and for the GUI has it to consider that in
the rotated use of the display the pure use of red, green or blue
will make ugly lines.

> creative(ly different) UIs or branding constraints. That is - your
> standard phone interface is limited by the *perception* of what the
> lowest common end-user denominator can handle.

Does it must be so fixed or couldn't be it more flexible that it
has two or three different concepts?

> Fundamental to this though, is how quickly the Neo1973 can update its
> display - is it possible to get some FPS figures for just a simple for
> XY loop?

seeing a zune presentation, but also some new smartphone
- I don't see a benefit of TO MUCH animation in the GUI
- only because it is possible or new....

So can you explain your fear that the update of the display would
be to slow?

Greetings,
rob