RGB pixel direction question Re: Drawing raw pixels to screen..

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Nov 24 18:33:34 CET 2006

Salve Gabriel!

Gabriel Ambuehl schrieb am Donnerstag, den 23. November 2006 um 19:30h:

> On Thursday 23 November 2006 19:21, Robert Michel wrote:
> > that will be ugly. So for designing would be interesting
> > what will be the original orientation of the thre coulors
> > of one pixel and for the GUI has it to consider that in
> > the rotated use of the display the pure use of red, green or blue
				       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > will make ugly lines.
>
> At 285dpi it might not be noticeably different.

That is not a question of dpi.

> I have a 140dpi tablet pc
> which I generally use horizontally but I never really noticed a difference
> with using it vertically (as oversized ebook reader)...

Do you use mutt/vim with syntax highlighting in panorama/portrait mode?

Please accept that this this effect does have *every* coulor TFT
(by it's construction prinzip) and it is not a question of dpi.
(No Pc magazin is writing about this effect!)

It is very bothering with with fonts without "Anti-Aliasing"
where on line of a capital is made with 1 pixel width
maximum by using pure colour of red, green or blue
on the non main display orientation.

So when the fontsize for normal phoning task (portrait orientation)
are high and many pixel (in the width) generate one line - it doesn't
matter.

Because I hope that the display is produced as main using in
640x480 and not 480x640.

And consider this effect by design the GUI would help
(could be overseen by designing on a PC, viewing both orientation
with the main orientation of our workstation's LCD.)

Greetings
rob

PS: I will make pictures about this effect...