grilo at centroin.com.br
Sat Nov 25 20:12:45 CET 2006
new to the list, writing to ask about the use of fonts in openmoko.
i'm a type-designer and have developed a wide collection of bitmap fonts in the last years.
i am interested in making some of these fonts available to free/open-source projects, and was pointed
by a friend to this list.
- what's the screen resolution of openmoko?
- what's the ppem-size for text?
- what fonts are going to be used in the interface? outline or pixel fonts?
- what's rasterizer is going to be used? will it support truetype hints?
- what's the rendering mode - black&white, greyscale or sub-pixel?
if the openmoko interface developers think a bitmap font system with many weights, sizes, styles and
large unicode coverage is usefull, please let me know... :-)
More information about the community