From A Carrier

Ylanan, Rene rylanan at
Mon Nov 27 12:01:55 CET 2006

Hello.  We are a start-up mobile operator in the Philippines with a
CDMA2000-1x & EVDO network, and we are focusing on mobile data usage.

It is the practice here to subsidize the subscriber's purchase of mobile
phones in exchange for long-term service lock-in, so we are always on the
look-out for inexpensive but high-quality smart phones.  Can you share what
Openmoko hopes to achieve with carriers-as-partners?  Maybe we can find a
common ground to our mutual benefit.

More power - Rene/Broadband philippines (