linux-vserver is run on the S3C2410 Re: Bootloader u-boot

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Nov 28 18:02:03 CET 2006

Salve Robert!

Robert Michel schrieb am Dienstag, den 28. November 2006 um 03:06h:
> How to support testing new Neo enviroment from usb,
> without the fear that this testing could compromise
> your system? When it use the same kernel and your
> system on the Neo1973 support linux-vserver, it could
> be started as guest system from USB.

I thought about to use vserver as "boot chain" that there
is a host linux and some guest linuxes - this could create
modulatrity, enhanced security and probably single guest
could suspend to "disk"/flashmemory or live linuxes
could run from usb/microSD without installing and without
the chance to comrom your Neo1973 system.

Because I'm using 2 linux-verserer since a year and had some good
converstaion on the linux-vserver mailinglist with Herbert (the project
leader), I just ask on the mailinglist about the ARM9 Samsung's S3C2410.

Herbert Poetzl schrieb am Dienstag, den 28. November 2006 um 16:12h:
> > - I know that vserver does not have the same hardware demand like
> >   xen or user mode linux - where can I get informations about using
> >   linux-vserver with arm9 (portable devices)?
>
> well, the samsung s3c2410 accidentially is also in
> the HP 1940 I won roughly two years ago, and of course
> it runs linux and especially Linux-VServer :)
>
> if you encounter any issues, please let me know ...
>
> HTH,
> Herbert

;)

That thread starts here:
http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200611/0161.html

In another thread I ask about "guest" suspend to Disk/flashmemory
http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200611/0160.html

Cheers,
rob