Standard AA accumulators / batteries

Mihai Preda mihai_preda at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 18:23:10 CET 2006

Hi,
I think it's a good idea to use standard AA batteries
or accumulators. They are easy to find anywhere, and
they're cheap. There has been a steady increase of
capacity over time of the AA Ni-MH accumulators, with
capacities that I see in stores today of 2700 mAh
(1.2V), and it's likely that the capacity of the
standard accumulators will continue to increase over
time.
Perhaps everybody already has at home a few AA
accumulators and a few AA chargers.

I would be curios if somebody on this list could do a
comparison WRT energy capacity and energy density
between a pair of 1.2V, 2700mAh AA accumulators and
the "1200 mAh battery" that is mentioned in Neo's
spec.

Good luck, and I look forward to develop applications
for the open phone.
Mihai Preda