small capacitor Re: Standard AA accumulators / batteries

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Tue Nov 28 18:33:03 CET 2006

Salve Mihai,*!

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Mihai Preda wrote:
> I think it's a good idea to use standard AA batteries
> or accumulators.

Before 2000 I think Philipps had a mobile with standard
batteries. The radius of the AA are quite big - but when
I would like this idea, too.

> capacities that I see in stores today of 2700 mAh
> (1.2V),
You have calculate mAh*V/volume

But you bring me to the idea that it would be nice
to have a small capcitor parallel to the baterie
have 20-30 seconds to excange the SIM or the battery
without switching of the device - maybe just put it into
sleep mode to reduce power consumtion.

rob