usb device emulation

Collin R. Mulliner collin at betaversion.net
Tue Nov 28 22:30:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 01:59 +0100, Robert Michel wrote:
> Salve!
>
> Some ideas about the posibility that the Neo emulate
> an usb device - this is powerfull and I thing this count
> more than only speed (USB 2.0).
> I remember that the PalmPilot could be used as seriell mouse...

indeed this would be nice to have, basically we need a usb-chip what can
switch between client and host mode. I guess we will have that.

> 1. Where are good documentations how to write usb device
> emulation driver?

check out the usb-gadget stuff in the linux kernel
(linux/drivers/usb/gadget/)

> 2. Which emulation are already written?

see answer to 1.)

as far as I know all embedded linux devices that emulate/play usb mass
storage use usb-gadget to do this

Collin

--
Collin R. Mulliner <collin at betaversion.net>