Open Moko - GPL?

Ole Tange at
Wed Nov 29 17:41:05 CET 2006

On 11/29/06, Sean Moss-Pultz <sean_mosko at> wrote:
> On 11/29/06 9:18 PM, "Ole Tange" < at> wrote:
> > /Ole
> > (Who would go for version 1 if there is a trade-up option. Otherwise
> > wait for version 2).
> A trade up option is interesting idea. What exactly do you have in mind?

Optimal for me:
Pay USD 350 for v1. When v2 is out: Return v1 and get a deduction of
the price of USD 350.

But I will assume that this will not work for you: The returned v1s
are probably worthless to you. So a better way might be to include a
voucher with a serial number in the v1 package. The voucher will give
me a discount of 50% if I buy v2. The serial number is important as
you do not want to give the discount to everyone who happens to know
someone who has a v1.

I might accept a lower discount, but if the discount is less than 30%
I personally would prefer to wait for v2.

Come to think of it: You should always value your customers and give
them incentive to buy more from you. So a trade up might apply to the
v2->v3 transition as well.


More information about the community mailing list