Small evaluation, city: 4 Internet Cafes, 3 Copy Shops, 2 Photo services; university: 1 library , 1 computer room

michael at michael at
Wed Nov 29 18:56:21 CET 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Robert Michel wrote:

> Salve michael!
> michael at schrieb am Mittwoch, den 29. November 2006 um 09:28h:
>> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Robert Michel wrote:
>>> *IDEA*

>> The phone is a USB host.
> I wouldn't say the Neo1973 is a phone. It is a free, opened, linux
> powerd smartphone.
> smartphone = mobil PC + GSM/GPRS (+ AGPS)

Yes, of course. You don't have to convince me - I wouldn't be on this list if
I thought the Neo was "just a phone"! My appologies - it was sloppy writing on
my part.

>> So is the computer, so don't you need the USB
>> On-The-Go protocol to determine which is going to host and which is to be
>> the
>> device? Or is there some other way this work?
> The samsung SoC supports to run one usb 1.1 port as host or as device.
>> I might dig around the Linux implementation a bit to learn more. I find this
>> idea very interesting.
> The the still short thread "usb device emulation"

Thanks for the pointer - I'll check it out.