Text entry

Christopher Heiny heiny at starband.net
Thu Nov 30 17:27:33 CET 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 00:17, Alexander Steinert scribbled in crayon
on the back of a kid's menu:
> What do you think about T9? Touching instead pressing keys could
> speed up the process noticable. And the user has the option to fit the
> geometry of keys to his fingers.

Another option is JetKeys
(sorry about the annoying infinitely repeating Flash demo) although I don't
know if it is subject to IP issues or not.

There is IBM's ShapeWriter (aka Shark) that I mentioned previously.  I don't
recall if that there's any IP on that one, either.

Jumpx (aka Fitaly) already has an open source implementation at
Though it is stylus oriented in the current implementation.

Apparently the Xerox patent on single stroke character recognition (the one
that pushed Graffiti out of PalmOS) was ruled invalid a couple of years ago
(just discovered that today - doh!), making something like Graffiti an