UI long term development perspective: physics engine

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Sun Apr 1 20:04:41 CEST 2007

Florent THIERY wrote:
> Would it be possible to get video captures or raw measurements of the
> touchscreen's reported coordinates?
> For instance, i'm pretty curious to know what exactly the touchscreen
> sees when  you touch the screen with 2 fingers at the same time, when
> you move them, when you move only one of the 2, etc....
> I'm also interested in knowing how precise the touchscreen is (ex:
> refresh rate, possible pressure indication, ...).

The output is the center of the bounding box of the touched area.
Pressure has little, but not no effect. Almost no effect on a single
touch, on a double touch, the relative pressures will have a slight
skewing effect towards the harder touch.
(from theory).
The touch point skips instantly on double touch.