An Update

Mike Sandman mike at thesandmans.com
Mon Apr 2 13:30:52 CEST 2007

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:
 > All along we've taking the stance that openness goes deeper than
 > just source code. And we don't plan on stopping today because of pesky
 > hardware delays.  So, I'm letting you know there will be some delays.
 >
 > Engineers worked through the weekend trying to verify the latest
 > hardware. We have some stability issues that could be hardware and could
 > be software. This is one of those areas that could be resolved quickly
 > or could require another hardware spin.

i am all for getting the platform stable--not perfect, perhaps--but
predictable!  thanks for the update, i agree with your statements.

i am also reminded of "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" where Eric Raymond
states "Linus's Law"[1] as "Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are
shallow."  I wish there were a way to apply this to hardware, without
the costs being astronomical.

kind regards,
sandman

1.