tomtom on the Neo1973

Andrew Turner ajturner at
Tue Apr 3 03:18:04 CEST 2007

There are a couple of Google Summer of Code applications that involve
building a mapping application on OpenMoko. Hopefully one of these
get's funded. At the very least that will demonstrate the viability of
OpenMoko and the Neo1973 as a mobile mapping platform that commercial
vendors can then consider developing their applications for.

So it seems like OSM with the Google SoC app would be a good, first
effort towards this end. Then you can go to TomTom/Google et al and
say "see, looks good, bring yours." :)