Choice of scripting langage: towards Web2.0?

Clare Johnstone claregj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:02:10 CEST 2007

On 4/4/07, Jonathon Suggs <jsuggs at murmp.com> wrote:

> That said, I still think we should consider perl.
  So you
> have a lot of older gurus that could do just about anything with it, but
> who may not be willing to learn a new language.

Hmm. well yes, Provided I can make it do perl for me I am selfish enough
not to worry if it isn't built-in - however
I couldn't help noticing the other day
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wishlist:BuiltInScriptingLanguage

which is worth a look, and especially mentions Ruby and Python and
two others for being small.
The language Lua  looked particularly interesting for its (to me) modern
approach of being self-extensible. And Brazil is a big place. We need
to think worldwide here. I googled for Lua language tutorial features
and got a huge pile of fascinating reading. I must try this.
cheers,
clare