Blacklist/whitelists

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:31:09 CEST 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:22, Jonathon Suggs wrote:
> Ok, I'll be honest that I have no proof that this is how it actually
> works, but I don't think it works the way you are saying it does.
> Again, not 100% positive, but the "receipt" that you receive is only a
> message that it has been successfully transfered to the carrier.  The
> carrier will then try to push the SMS to the recipient whenever they
> become available.  So there are two discreet actions.  1) Transfer from
> sender to carrier 2) Transfer from carrier to destination.
>
> Rather than get all worried about big brother, just do a simple test.
> Turn off a phone and send a text message to it.  See if you get a
> receipt.  If you do, then I'm right.  If you don't get a receipt until
> the phone you sent a text message to is turned back on THEN commence
> the meetings of the tin foil hat club.
>
> -Jonathon

Ahh. You obviously mis-understand my comments.
Besides, what is the point of a delivery message to send to the carrier?
It doesn't provide any value to the user over the message on the phone
saying 'your message was sent'.  That would be confirmation to me that
the carrier got the message. In fact, on my sidekick 2, if the message
could not be sent for some reason then I get a message saying it could
not be sent, I.E.  The carrier didn't get it.

In either case, I always turn off any kind of receipt regardless of
program.
--Tim