Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Fri Apr 6 20:31:57 CEST 2007

On 4/6/07, Jonathon Suggs <jsuggs at> wrote:
> Rather than get all worried about big brother, just do a simple test.
> Turn off a phone and send a text message to it.  See if you get a
> receipt.  If you do, then I'm right.  If you don't get a receipt until
> the phone you sent a text message to is turned back on THEN commence the
> meetings of the tin foil hat club.

AFAIK it works like this (because my gf's phone works this way). When
you send an SMS, you get either an 'underway' or 'delivered' receipt.
When the receiver's phone is off, you also get a 'delivered' receipt
as soon as the SMS is delivered. So, you can get up to 2 receipts for
one message.

Christ van Willegen