Fwd: UI long term development perspective: physics engine

Florent THIERY fthiery at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:36:13 CEST 2007

Hi

I had the chance to get my hands on the neo for a short moment (thanks
sean), and i must say i'm double motivated now :)

I had the opportunity to play for a split second with the touchscreen,
and i think we can do things with this touchscreen; it may require
module hacking, for stabilizing the multi-touch behaviour, but we can
definetly improve  it and define gestures with it. It really behaves
like my laptop touchpad, but more erratic/pressure sensitive.

I also added a new section in the
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/UI_Improvements#Using_EFL-based_apps
wiki article; GTK seems to prove difficult for the base UI: sluggish,
overkill... So why not using e17 or the EFLs? I was thinking about
this for quite a long time, and now i'll have the opportunity. If
chosen, switching to EFLs has to be done soon if we don't want to
waste time in the pure GTK based UI. While e17 is quite changing these
days, EFLs are stable and could be used for the best.

Cheers

Florent