OpenMoko light web server

Peter A Trotter peter.trotter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:43:16 CEST 2007

Hopefully not wading in half cocked here but...

AFAIK non of the major web browsers implement threading for their javascript
engines, or at least not within a single window. Hence when your
asynchronous call returns it does not get executed until the current
javascript thread terminates. Obviously this is unacceptable on the desktop
but in terms of web apps it seems the right thing to do. That said
javascript should only be used to enable the interface - we shouldn't be
using it for any long execution stuff.

-Pete