0K Re: OpenMoko light web server

Jonathon Suggs jsuggs at murmp.com
Tue Apr 17 23:24:55 CEST 2007

> I wonder if there would be an advantage in embedding the server in the
> browser or vise versa. Then the whole issue of polling localhost would
> be moot.
>
> Alex
Something else to consider (again) is that we are talking about an
embedded device.  So the javascript implementation/engine may or may not
be as robust as a desktop equivalent.  What browser and/or webserver are
we talking about having on the device?

We *probably* aren't talking about Firefox and Apache (or dare I say IE
and IIS)...which is *probably* what most people are used to developing
with.  So just because we are talking about using HTML and browsers as a
common platform, doesn't mean that it is going to be exactly the same.
Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but just giving a little reality check.