built-in scripting languages.

Jamie Allsop ja11sop at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 12:30:34 CEST 2007

Bryan Larsen wrote:
> [...]
>
> A scripting language should be chosen as the default.  Yes, it'll be a
> hard choice, but there's also no 'wrong choice' (except for "none").
> I've put a lot of work into
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Wishlist:BuiltInScriptingLanguage.  Please
> comment here or on the discussion page.

Yes this page is very good. One thing you might want to note also is
that there is a nice C++ binding for Python in boost <www.boost.org>.
Please don't infer from this that I am a big Python fan, most of my
scripting to date has been with Perl, however I do see Python as being a
language that could be more generally useful as a default.

> Harold, Sean and the rest of the OpenMoko team:  please, please make a
> decision, and make it soon.  There are several of us that are delaying
> development of OpenMoko applications in the hope that a scripting
> language will be chosen soon.

Certainly this would be nice to know.

Jamie