built-in scripting languages.

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Wed Apr 18 14:41:31 CEST 2007

PyGTK looks like the most likely contender to me -- not just because I
wrote a book about it and I'm the author of almost everything
Python-related in OE, but also because PyGTK is pretty mature and
easy to extend (you probably have seen Zecke's work in wrapping the Moko
classes did you?).

The thing that worries me is the performance. The Neo1973 has a really
slow CPU. I didn't test on a device yet, but I'm afraid running
'import gtk' alone will take roughly 30 seconds, if not more.

We will probably have to jump through hoops to make _any_ scripting
language to perform reasonably on the Neo1973 (first incarnation).

Cheers,

--
- Michael Lauer <mickey at openmoko.org>                   http://openmoko.org/