open GPS (Re: Richard Stallmans standpoint about openmoko)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200704 at
Fri Apr 20 19:15:54 CEST 2007

Simon Norberg <simon at> writes:
> And i really hope we can replace the non-free GPS software as soon
> as possible or atleast before the public release.

There is an open-source gps project that seems to have the code needed
to do the GPS positional calculations from first principles.

Unfortunately someone will still have to talk the company that
manufacturers the Neo's GPS chip to cough up some usable

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht