Widgets: Openmoko/Chumby transproject?

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:59:06 CEST 2007

Dean,
I've seen you post here before, so I know you've followed the list for
a while.   I'm surprised you think that some special functionality is
more important than the open aspect.  Didn't you witness the process
for a WiFi chip?  There were dozens of closed chips FIC could've
chosen, but they didn't.  They were on the verge of not including WiFi
at all because they couldn't find an open chip.

Functionality is important.  And the most important functionality is
the ability to modify your OpenMoko device.  Having some closed aspect
limits the functionality of the device!

-Steven